Monday, May 28, 2007

I'm In Ur Suprmarket, Eatin' Yer Vegies!

Wow! 2 posts in one month! I'm improving!

Well, this post is not tech-related. But I just had to post this. This is a true story!

My family and I were at the NTUC at Tiong Bahru Plaza (that's a local supermarket for those who don't know), and my wife was looking for vegetables. She suddenly got excited and called me over to look at a particular pack of leafy greens. Only after I went over and looked at the vegetables did I understand what the excitement was about.

There was this small white frog in the vegetables. I managed to take a photo of it before my wife brought it to the nearby staff at the weighing scales. Unfortunately, said staff quickly sealed the bag and threw it in the rubbish bin. I guess it was naive of us to think they'd free the frog and wash the vegetables. :/

Anyway, here's the picture I took, edited to be a LOLfrog. I wonder if it's the first lolfrog. It was difficult to get the little frog to be focused on my handphone's camera. So the frog looks blurred. It think the camera focused on my foot below, through the plastic bag, instead. Arrrrrr!!!!!

I can't help but feel sorry for the frog. I hope it died happy, on a full stomach.

Here's another picture of the frog, taken using my wife's handphone camera.

Speaking of eating... I was back at the Expo last weekend for the Singapore Food Expo. Free samples galore... mmmmmm...

We were expecting food to be a bit less expensive there but there was no such luck. If anything, they were pricier. I guess they have to cover for all the free samples being doled out. There was all sorts of food and drinks, but we didn't stay long. Sampled some drinks and coffee, pan-fried fish, bak gua, vegetarian dishes, and I can't remember anything else...

There was also an MPH warehouse sale and Guardian sale going on. The place was packed. And I took another photo of the place I mentioned in my previous post. The one with Tux as their mascot? The shop is called Happy Chow.

No comments: